Boohoo Try-On Haul: 11 Dresses Under $25!
Online v. IRL | 2018 Summer Edition
HAPPY SUMMER Y’ALL! & WELCOME TO MY FIRST. BLOG. POST. EVER.! Please read with grace as I make my first attempt to share with you a huge dress try-on haul of one of my favorite online retailers: Boohoo.com.
I ordered 11 dresses and kept 8. Since every piece was below $25 USD, I decided to splurge on the $15 expedited shipping, which I rarely do, but this Texas heat is no joke. I purchased everything on Sunday (close to midnight) and the package was delivered Wednesday morning. Keep in mind that their items ship from the UK (but they have FREE returns in the US!), so 3 business days to make it across the Atlantic is FANTASTIC. Also, did I mention that all duties and taxes are on them!? You heard right–SHOP TAX FREE!
Everything is linked down below. Their inventory is pretty fast-paced, if a color runs out, the link will take you to the same item but in a different color. But don’t worry! They usually always restock on their most popular styles.
For sizing reference, I am 5‘6” (1.67m), wear a size 32 in jeans, and a size 12 or 14 in dresses depending on the style.
Boohoo carries “Regular” (0-14), “Plus & Curved” (12-24), “Tall”, and “Petite” lines. Sizes 12 and 14 are available in both Regular and Plus & Curved lines, but I feel that the dresses in their Regular line tends to be on the shorter side, so the Plus & Curved line fits my work wardrobe much better.
I hope you enjoy this haul!
- The All Over Lace Dress (US 16) is a MUST HAVE little white dress! It also comes in a delicate light blue/periwinkle color that I need ASAP.
- I sized up since it is lace and there is no stretch in this dress.
- Arms are very roomy.
- Undie-friendly due to nude colored lining (thank you Boohoo!)
- Dress hits 2 inches above my knee, unless I raise my arms!
- I heart this Spotty Rib Twist Skater Dress (US 14) because it has just the right amount of stretch, which to me means that the fabric is stretchy but it is thick enough that it does not loose its shape at all.
- Undie-friendly but I wouldn’t wear it with neon undies though.
- Super great transition into Fall by adding black tights and booties!
- Great for twirls!
- The vibrant red color of the Grace Crepe Ruffle Sleeve Shift Dress (US 16) is EVERYTHING!
- The fabric is medium weight and has a great stretch as well.
- DO NOT SIZE UP. It is extremely roomy!
- The Libby Spot Ruffle Off the Shoulder Dress (US 14) is so lightweight but not sheer at all!
- It is almost a midi length but not as long.
- I love wearing off-the-shoulder and backless dresses with a backless bra (I heart this backless/adhesive bra from Target–I tried it on 5 years ago and I cannot be without one. I recommend going up a cup size!)
- This Striped T-Shirt Dress (US 16) is the epitome of comfort! It is a bit long and I wish I had ordered a US 14, but I couldn’t wait to wear it so I just kept it!
- It is a super comfortable cotton fabric and does not shrink after wash.
- Lightweight, but it retains its shape and it does not cling!
- When life gives you lemons y’all! The Bethany Tie Front Lemon Print Midi Dress (US 14) is hands down one of my favorite pieces of this haul!
- The print just screams Summer and the tie in the front is so flattering. Even though there is a an opening on the chest, it is still bra-friendly!
- The fabric provides little to no-stretch, but the sleeves are flowy!
I hope y’all enjoyed this haul!
Please leave me a comment below if you would like more details about a specific dress! I would LOVE to know which ones were your favorites as well as the name of your favorite dress shops!